UreCoat® is a two component urethane (A+B) that can be mixed and brushed onto a variety of surfaces to provide a flexible, tough and impact resistant coating. UreCoat® will bond to many surfaces and can be used as a flexible coating for expanded polystyrene (EPS foam), fabric, some metals and plastics, wood, rope (make vines for zoo exhibits) and more. Cured rubber is tough and UV resistant.
Use as a Flexible Paint Base: UreCoat® is "color neutral" and is easily colored with SO-Strong®, UVO® or Ignite® colorants to create a permanent paint for coating cured Smooth-On urethane rubbers or flexible foams. Cured UreCoat® will bend and flex with the rubber or foam part.
- Mix ratio is 100A:10B by weight (gram scale required)
- Pot life is 8 minutes
- Re-coat time is 30 minutes
- Tack free time is 2 hours and
- Full cure is 16 hours at 73°F/23°C
- UreCoat® contains no phthalates or VOC's
UreCoat Technical Bulletin