URE-FIL™ 17 pure aluminum pellet fillers can be used with Smooth-On® liquid epoxy and urethane resins to improve thermal conductivity, dimensional stability, reduce shrinkage in large mass castings, etc. These fillers can also be used to add evenly distributed weight to metal cold-castings and to create artistic casting effects.
URE-FIL™ 17 are small grain aluminum pellets 400 micron. Smaller grain pellets will settle into areas of detail better, reducing voids between particles.
- Can be added to aluminum-filled urethane and epoxy resins for vacuum forming applications to increase thermal conductivity (even heat distribution) when casting parts for applications with higher temperature requirements.
- Will add evenly distributed weight to metal cold-castings to simulate the feel of solid metal reproductions at a reduced expense compared to metal foundry castings.
- Will lower exothermic (heat) temperatures during cure cycle (see chart on reverse side), which reduces the shrinkage rate resulting in improved dimensional stability in large mass castings.
- Can be added to liquid urethane and epoxy resins to create metallic visual effects when used with clear and colored liquid plastics.
- When fully cured, resin filled with URE-FIL™ 17 & 19 can be cut, drilled, turned and machine tooled.
- Should not be used as fillers in RTV rubber products.
Let us help you find your way.
The list below may help you find what you are looking for via an alternative path.